This is the story of our house wrecking
which took place today.

Lunching with some of our helpers



Paul and Dale getting the old wood/electric stove ready to haul out.


FREE WORKING APPLIANCES...
YOU HAUL!
They all went today.

Last lunch on front porch

First and last lunch on back porch when it rained last week


A new meaning for "Public Bathroom"
No door!

Sara's flowers
These were by the house but I have some in another place.
These are still standing, even tho the house isn't.


One more look at the old house

And the last looks...
Wood shed



A very bare upstairs...
no railing

Front porch railing

Our bedroom

Wallpaper layers in the little room

Guest bedroom and hall

Looking toward the front door from the kitchen

Upstairs landing


Guest bedroom

Looking from the front hall toward the kitchen and back porch

Bare kitchen

Back porch into kitchen



HERE HE COMES!

House wrecker
but not home wrecker

Digging up the grape vines

Taking down some telephone wires

No more back porch

Porch rubble

Looks strange w/o a porch

Moving the potting shed
That guy is like a monkey!

Looking for good stuff
Useable lumber that is

New back view

Now the bathroom is gone!

A bite of kitchen


Attacking the back wall







You can still see a bit of the front porch.


No house there!
A good day's work and we are tired!
I have some videos for another day. I am going to bed!
I supose you wonder if we feel bad. The answer is "no!" It was looking pretty tough.
Even before we started tearing things apart, it wasn't healthy or safe any longer.
5 comments :
Wow- great pictures!!!!! Amazing.
I am so excited for you to be able to rebuild on such a beautiful spot! Thank you for the minute by minute update...it was almost like I was there!
What dramatic pictures! We love seeing the progress toward your new abode. Kristy & Sara are together today! I'm sure they are having a super time! Love, Connie
I'm sorry, but I had tears in my eyes as I watched the progression. There were so many GOOD memories for us in that house. Now i can't wait to see the NEW house. Cheryl
I know, Cheryl. I am sure we would feel worse if we hadn't been through the whole process...Paul having to sleep wearing a mask, evidence of mice running through the kitchen cupboards, porcupines chewing on the back porch, very little electricity, etc., etc. Then when we started to tear things apart, it was the same as when you move, but more so as the pics show. And of course it was exciting to see everything come down. Can't wait to see the house come up the road. I'll keep you posted!
Post a Comment