Thursday, October 2, 2008

Hooked Rug

While we were in PEI, we stopped at an antiques shop. I usually take the camera in just in case there might be some old hooked rugs to photograph. ( I do ask permission!) There were several nice rugs and this was my favorite! I take pics so that I can keep ideas for projects of my own. I usually have more projects in mind than I could ever do. However this particular pattern is one I definitely want to do some time. This one is done with strips of wool fabric. Right now I am hooking a seat cover (not pad) for our large dining room chair with arms. I am doing this one with wool yarn. I prefer hooking with strips but the yarn is quicker because there is no cutting involved. In this case, it will match the other chair pads which I already made.

*The rug pictured is at least 3 feet square.
The asking price was $525 or $575!
And, yes, people will pay that!
The shop owner told us she had sold three large, matching rugs for $12,000
(obviously not to us!)

1 comment :

sara said...

I LOVE this hooked rug!