We really cannot believe this, but we had ANOTHER ICE STORM TODAY!!! YES, ON SUNDAY AGAIN!!! Paul said we WOULD NOT CANCEL OUR SERVICE FOR ANOTHER OLD ICE STORM!!! (That's not exactly how he said it!) However when you have 3 inches of ice covered with ice pellets, the parking lot is not plowed yet at 1:00 PM, you can't get through the ice on the church steps, people can't get down the road from their houses, only the important city streets are plowed, etc., etc. Well, what can you do? Remember, we had an awful ice storm on Wednesday night too and prayer meeting was canceled! And we ourselves are originally from MINNESOTA where we NEVER CANCELED a church service in 16 years and WE DID HAVE STORMS! (It wasn't ice that we battled there, just plain old snow! And Minnesotans are born equipped to deal with that!) Needless to say, canceling services two Sundays in a row as well as prayer meeting in between, is very hard on any church. When it is a new/re-start church, it is REALLY TOUGH! I am reminded to reread Spurgeon's quotes which I just put on my blog sidebar yesterday. And I also read these verses this very day:
"Have faith in God. For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those tings which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and YE SHALL HAVE THEM."
Mark 11:22-24
We are praying that we will be able to have our service tonight!
Sunday, March 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
1 comment :
I heard about weather coming, yes, Wednesday evening, of course and again Sunday ~ I'm praying too... Satan has really atacked our small works here in the Maritimes, eh? Let's fight back with the Word of God! "Be thou removed..." Kim;D x's
Post a Comment