Monday, July 20, 2009

That Vacation

We were away for the month of June...vacation, as well as some repair work on Paul's ear.
It was, to say the least, a "different" vacation!


This is a pic of Paul with his Dr. Spock ear. I won't go into all the gory details
but the next pic is kind of icky!

The back of his ear was replaced with a patch of skin taken from his collar bone area.
I spared you that photo, but can show you if you are really interested!
Fun! Not really, especially when the doctor stitched through the cartilage of his ear.
That wasn't deadened and it was nasty.
That is a cotton ball which was left in until the stitches were removed.
So I played nurse and dressed the ear twice a day.

We also had electricity issues...
no lights in the kitchen...
so here I am measuring water by flashlight!

Here's our stove since the regular stove doesn't work.
Actually we did have crock pot, electric tea kettle, electric griddle
and a two burner hot plate, and one of the burners worked!
Oh yes! There was the pop corn popper too!


And the weather wasn't all that warm or dry, for that matter.
So we burned some wood! All in all we loved it (bed room and bath room lights worked!)
I would be willing to stay there until some time in November!

Lots more to come!

1 comment :

sara said...

Awwwww, poor Dad!!!!!!! So glad he had a good nurse :)