Friday, January 9, 2009

Cute button apple

This would be a really terrific craft for someone with some time and patience.
It is an apple made of many buttons, all of the same color and sewed onto the backing.
The leaves are french knots
but done with several strands.

The buttons were all purchased at Frenchy's.


The frame is made of old molding wood.
Evidently the artist has made a heart for Valentines
and a crow for Halloween...
probably others. I am going to find out how much she charges,
just for the fun of it.
If I ever need another project...
to keep me busy...

5 comments :

sara said...

I LOVE this apple- what a great idea- CUTE!

gailsgarden said...

I knew you would love it, Sara. I just don't think it would work to glue them on and I can't see you sewing them!

Angela Monique Brewer said...

Very cute...would look cute in my kitchen, if the green was a different color.

Heavenbound Kim said...

very nice ~ I'd find a place for it! ♥

ByHISgoodGrace said...

Hi...I'm a client of Sara's and I often see you on her blog. She' amazing and so are you. I love love love this apple. I'd like to try something like this, can I get more detail from you? Did you actually sew each button? Some look layered...this is so beautiful.
Katrina