for the last chemo treatment. And I am very relieved!!! We saw the oncologist today and had all the pre-treatment treatment. However he said we would wait another week for the treatment. Two weeks ago I could barely stand because of the chemo. Last week I was bombed because of being sick and then being on an antibiotic. We had to wait a LONG time to see the doctor. I finally laid down on the examining bed and covered up with my jacket. When the doctor came in, Paul had gone to get me a warm blanket. The doctor apologized for the long wait, but it did sort of spoil our first visit to the new oncology facility.
I had a long list of questions, which were all answered. After the last treatment, the PICC line will come out. It doesn't bother me, has been a wonderful thing, but I will be glad to see it go. No more plastic sleeve taped on my arm when I shower, and no more standing with my back to the shower. You figure that one out. I haven't really.
Also I have been puzzled about two IVs that I keep hearing I will have after the treatments. They are infusions to strengthen my bones which will thin with the pill I will take. The first IV (which takes just 1/2 hour) will be 4 weeks after my last treatment. Then I will see the oncologist after 3 months before the next IV infusion. I am not sure when the 3 months start or end.
One more thing that we cleared up made me VERY HAPPY. The oncologist mentioned something about giving myself injections. I didn't like the sound of that AT ALL. He asked if I have injections after my chemo now. When I said I didn't, he said then I don't need them. HIP-HIP- HURRAY! I hate to prick my finger to check my blood sugar.
Monday, January 19, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
No comments :
Post a Comment