Monday, January 26, 2015

HIP HIP HURRAY!

Here I am with my new quilt at my last treatment.
I really did smile when I thought the pic was being taken.
I intended to have Paul take another one when he came,
but I forgot.


LAST TREATMENT IS OVER!  The PICC line is GONE!  They just put a band above the PICC, told me to take a deep breath, and it was out.

The new oncology unit is wonderful.  However it seems they have some kinks to work out...or maybe we just lucked out in the previous treatments.  Anyway I am thankful.  Now on to the after effects, and hopefully normal life soon.

4 comments :

tacky said...

Your blog...First stop after I got my cup of coffee...I re-warmed my left over coffee that I didn't get a chance to drink in the craziness of our K3 Monday! I wondered if you would post...and you did!!! I've prayed for you on and off today. One of the times while one of our little ones was "faking" sick and coughing into a bucket. Another time when I was holding one of our little girls who just wasn't feeling herself today after being sick all weekend.
Hoooray for the last treatment!!!
Now...hunker down under your warm covers and rest as the chemo does its work! We love you and continue to pray as you face the unpleasant part of chemo over the next couple days! Gentle hugs from Michigan...the state with not much snow at all!!!

Grompy said...

What a blessing! I prayed all day and also that you would be done before the big snow. Your blog has been such a testimony to the faithfulness of our Loving God. Wish I could be closer to give some TLC as you are coming out the other side of chemo. Sleep well. Love you, Cheryl

jackie glenny said...

Gail, I was so happy to read this post! I have been praying for you and your courage in facing this has been wonderful. You are thought of often and prayed for frequently. We rejoice in this milestone being reached. Rest and regather your energy. Psalm 31. jackie glenny

Connie Carlson said...

Rejoicing with you that you have finished your last treatment and that the snowstorm did not cause a delay! What a blessing to read your entries...such a beautiful testimony of your trust in our faithful God. Our prayers continue daily for you. Gery & I always check your blog for updates before we have our time of devotions together each day. Rest, heal and keep warm. Love you