Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I Did It!

I finally have the top of Andy's quilt put together.
I am not sure how many days I vowed to get it done before going to bed.
Today it happened.


I am hoping to finish it for Christmas.
Don't worry. Andy knows about it and isn't likely to look here anyway.

We bought these "sunburst" pieces years ago at a yard sale in Bangor, Maine.
The fabric was all new but from the 30s or 40s.
I added the yellow centers, backing and sashing from vintage repro fabrics which I found at the good old Maine institution: Marden's.

It looks pretty good on our bed!

I had to crop out the shirt hanging on the bedpost. :)
I am planning to machine quilt it...
I have never done that before.
I read that if you are going to machine quilt,
you need to have a good relationship with your sewing machine!
I have a new sewing machine...WE'LL SEE!

1 comment :

sara said...

I love it! It is beautiful! I know he will cherish it forever!