I LOVE winter storms!!! I LOVE to feel as if I am on a holiday because something is cancelled. But NOT on EASTER!!! However, the promised storm did happen and we were shut down. And it was a GOOD STORM!!! It snowed and blew and drifted and was generally miserable! First of all the street wasn't plowed! Then when it was, the driveway into the church parking lot was not accessible! Then the parking lot itself was impossible! We could not have our Easter breakfast at 8:30 AM!! We had considered not having the breakfast because of the otherwise busy weekend. The general opinion was to have the breakfast which we all enjoy.We thought maybe we could have our 11:00 service, but that didn't fly either. So we sat safe and warm inside and watched it blow and snow and drift.
This is looking out through the window because it was a bit more dramatic that way!
We were all set up for the BREAKFAST with these cute centerpieces made by Jennifer. And she had a horrendous week with her mother having emergency surgery in Saint John. So all her hard work and rushing around for the centerpieces seemed like a waste!The tables were all set in these pretty spring colors! We ate Breakfast Casserole for breakfast and for lunch AND for breakfast again today. I really didn't mind that, since I was so busy with things coming up to and through the weekend.
I did think though, that it is a good thing that we didn't miss 50% of the church services for the whole year (as in those who only go on Christmas and Easter).
In fact EVERY SUNDAY is RESURRECTION SUNDAY to the true Christian.
EVERY SUNDAY we celebrate that HE LIVES!
Not only that, HE LIVES WITHIN MY HEART!
HE IS MY SAVIOUR!
2 comments :
THe centerpieces really did turn out adorable...good job, Jennifer! We were extremely disappointed that we didn't get to church ...and of course that we didn't get to wear our beautiful Easter dress!!
Sorry you were snowed in....the centerpieces were adorable!!!
Post a Comment