Just a short time ago, I posted a pic of my family's lake cottage in northern Wisconsin. Well, yesterday these photos were e-mailed to me from the neighbors who bought our place. Their cabin is out of sight to the left. This is how the place looks now. I couldn't figure out what was different, but it is the tan (I think) trim around the windows. I like it! We know they have taken good care of the place.
This view is taken just up from the lake. We used to sit at the table or on the front porch and watch the "diamonds" shining on the water. Actually we got the morning sun and it looked like diamonds sparkling. My dad bought 100 feet of lake front and the property extended back about 1/2 mile into the woods up to the Cleveland Road. Oh, I forgot to say, he paid $100 for all of it back in the '40s...that is 1940s.
This is our view across the lake looking at Honeymoon Point. If you look closely, you will see a lighthouse on the point. We spent many summer afternoons swimming and sun bathing at the point. We sometimes would swim across, but always with a boat along. A man we knew swam without a boat and had to dive under when a speed boat went by. He could see the propeller above his head. Every Maranatha Bay kid knew that story and it helped put some healthy fear into us. I never did hear of any kids swimming without the important boat along side. We sure did lots of unsupervised swimming though. We all knew how to swim, but the Lord kept us all safe too.For more info on the area, click here. If you know the LN area, be sure to check out the history section. It has some great stuff. I am going to try to contact someone to see if they could add some more recent historical photos and information.
1 comment :
What a beautiful spot ~ the landscape is gorgeous! God is good to give a such sights to delight in... Kim;D oX
Post a Comment