Tuesday, February 4, 2014

We have just gone through a massive kitchen renovation.  Previous to that Sara, Dave and the kids came for Christmas.  Dave helped us with our computer problems so that we are in business again.
However blogger is giving me problems now and I am very frustrated.
So I am posting these photos as they are and forgetting about the order I wanted to have for them.
Here's how it has looked around here.
Fortunately, the reno is finished,
now to get the house back to normal.
We are still dealing with plaster dust!

This is how we started.

Most of this hall is now part of the kitchen.

This is where we made toast - in the bedroom!

This is the coat closet.  It still exits, but new flooring went in there.
You have to put it somewhere!

The microwave was in the living room.
I got water for my tea in the bathroom, zapped it in the l.r.
and then weaved around the workmen to get milk from the fridge in the middle of the kitchen.
After the walls came down, the fridge was moved to the l.r., so I didn't have to be such a nuisance. 
We did spend a fair amount of time at the farm because it was not possible to be here.

After the walls were removed

No sink for almost 3 weeks

These walls disappeared.

 Coffee maker in the bathroom

The living room is still in a mess with plaster dust every where.
I hope to conquer this today.
 
  
This wall no longer exits.
No pics of the new kitchen until Blogger decides to co-operate with me.
In the meantime, we are enjoying it immensely! 

Oh, here's one more -
the original flooring under the fridge.
The new flooring is BEAUTIFUL!

2 comments :

sara said...

Oh my goodness! I am about to burst! I have not been able to see any after pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait! The suspense is killing me :) :)

Priscilla said...

I love the before and after pictures! Oh my, you really went through alot while the work was being done but it is so beautiful now!! Worth the wait:-)