Monday, November 8, 2010

WE RETURNED!!!

Three minutes after posting on Friday about the weather and our bridge crossing to PEI, I decided that someone who was riding over with us might see it and panic. So I deleted it, or thought I did. Also I had clicked on "urgent prayer request" as a label just because it was the only label which seemed to apply. I thought that was a bit over the top too! I have to admit that I prayed all day that our bridge crossing would not be as traumatic as last year's. My prayer was answered! Although the rain and wind were awful, before and after the bridge, the bridge was not bad at all. The bridge was closed all day to high-sided vehicles but there was no cross wind which had tried to throw us around last year.

The Bible Conference was WONDERFUL! We heard wonderful, challenging messages from Paul, Jacques Brind'Amour, Jason Cochran and Glen Gardiner. Lots and lots of good music too! We saw many "old" friends, were fed wonderful food and the overnight at the Reeds' B&B was great, as always. We have become regulars there for the conference.

However I have come to the conclusion that the first weekend in November is a bad weather weekend. We have had record rainfall all around the area with high winds. A man was swept off the rocks at Peggy's Cove and lost. I am thankful that our lives are in God's hands!

1 comment :

sara said...

Wow- glad you are safe.