Friday, August 24, 2007

A MUST SEE!

We have just seen "Beyond Gates of Splendor" about the 5 missionaries killed by the Auca Indians in 1956. What a challenge! It is thrilling to hear how God changed the killers and their tribe. We know that many young people gave their lives to serve the Lord because of the deaths of those young men. I am sure we were influenced back in Bible college to be living sacrifices because of those who went before. Sadly, we do not see much of the same spirit of sacrifice today.

2 comments :

Priscilla said...

I've seen that movie too! It was so challenging! Wish we could get together again this fall. We could really benefit from getting away!

Priscilla said...

That is a good movie. I watched it when I was up in McCall last summer all by myself. I was so challenged hearing the story over again & then hearing what God did in the Auca Indian tribe after the slayings is SUCH A BLESSING!